Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Gossip "s/t e.p."


My computer still cannot get on the internet, but I do have access to the internet! I found an awesome blog dedicated to Beth Ditto of The Gossip. It's called Fuck Yeah Beth Ditto. Pretty sweet. I've seen The Gossip a few times. They bring the house down. Their s/t e.p. came out in 1999 on K Records. Here is a link to each track. I've included the lyrics next to the link so you can sing along! Enjoy!!

"Redd Hott"
(don't call it love cuz you know that it ain't. they say heaven honey i ain't the same. you got a love that drives a girl insane. you got a car that can take me away. if you wanna do it well then come and do it. if you wanna deuce[?] me well then come and deuce[?] me. it's the same old thing that they say about me. well i don't care just what they say about me. i'd like to hear about what they see.)

"On The Prowl"
(i met a firecracker girl on the 4th of july. i'll make yr momma beg and yr daddy cry. i'd walk a million miles for a piece of yr pie. i'm not a stranger darling, so don't you be shy. i'll give you something that you'll never forget. we're gonna do it til we're both out of breath. come on darling cuz yr making me wet. so give me something that i haven't had yet. i'm gonna treat you right. just let mamma take yr hand. ya better hang on tight. yr gonna need it. i'm gonna treat you right. gonna take you home tonight. it's gonna be better darling. better get it started cuz i'll give you something that you'll never forget. we're gonna do it til we're both out of breath. come on darling cuz you're making me wet. so give me something that i haven't had yet.)

"Jailbreak"
(i left her crying. oh what a pity, she told me. i see you choking on the tears yr holding. my hands're in the air, honey. so what the hell honey? that's why i do what i did to survive. i walk these streets for miles. i'm holding back these tears in style. i feel you burn inside me. yeah, yes, yes. we're fallen angels, baby. i make you feel so pretty. yr such a beauty when yr on your knees, baby. i feel you walking. i feel you talking. you feel everything. but there's nothing to me.)

"Dressed In Black"
(i know i heard her. i know i need her. oh mama. well mama told me that i would meet girls like you. i hear it's wrong but i'm gonna do it to you. mama said girl, you know you can never go back. mama warned me 'bout the girls all dressed in black. they'll steal yr heart and make you cry but they don't care. take you down..so girls, you gotta beware. i gave in, and now i won't ever go back. mama warned me 'bout the girls all dressed in black.)

No comments:

Post a Comment