Friday, October 21, 2011

The Groodies all-female punk

I went to a Groodies show on my birthday one year. It was cold & I had a hard time finding the place. It was my first time @ Logan Square Auditorium (Chicago). At the time I was singing w/the hardcore-punk band, Help Me Help Me I Can't Breath. We had played some shows together & I was blown away each time. Before we played together, I had seen The Groodies @ some pizza pub in Buffalo Grove. They were still in high school @ the time. They rocked the roof off that place. They may one day be featured on my other blog, all-female bands. But for now, enjoy these rare tracks from one of Chicago-land's best all-female punk bands. This "secret" e.p. was put out after their s/t CD came out & before their "Hands Off My Stereo!" e.p. was released. It seems like you can still buy these two releases at Interpunk. Enjoy!

The Groodies - 3 song e.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment